Health & Physical Education
Our Physical Education program is a well balanced, comprehensive skill-based program. Participation in physical activities provides opportunities for enjoyment, recreation, fitness, social interaction, physical and mental relaxation and competition. Physical education lessons are timetabled weekly and include fundamental motor skills, ball skills, gymnastics/movement, athletics and games.
Our Physical Education program also includes:
• House based activities throughout the year, such as our annual House Sports Day
• Cross country, athletics and inter-school gala days for Years 3 to 6 students
• Unit based swimming programs
• Senior students compete in sports each term with 3 local schools
• A weekly Perceptual Motor Program (PMP) for Prep students to develop body awareness, eye/hand, eye/foot co-ordination, balance and ball skills
We are well resourced with areas that can be utilised for sporting activities such as an indoor basketball gym, outdoor basketball and netball courts, a soccer pitch and football oval.
At Canadian Lead PS we have a strong history of involvement with Futsal in the Ballarat region. There are practices going most recess and lunch times and we take multiple teams to local competitions. Our students have regular supervised opportunities for sports practice most recess and lunch times.