Canadian Lead Primary School aims to promote high achievement and the development of skills and attitudes to meet the needs of
a rapidly changing world where students:
- have a positive and healthy approach to learning and life
- strive for excellence and achieve their personal best using their head, heart and hands
- achieve high standards in literacy and numeracy
- have highly developed thinking skills and proficiency in using technologies
- develop strong interpersonal skills and an understanding and respect for themselves, others and the environment
- develop enquiring minds, persistence and resilience.
Canadian Lead Primary School’s mission is to develop the head, heart and hands of each student by:
- providing opportunities for all students to achieve their personal best in learning and life
- offering a broad and challenging differentiated curriculum with a strong focus on literacy and numeracy acquisition that meets the
needs of each student
- providing a stimulating and engaging learning environment that incorporates the use of ICT and thinking skills
- encouraging an ethos of inquiry, persistence and resilience
- promoting a culture of respect for self, others and the environment
- enhancing the skills and knowledge of teachers to ensure continuous improvement
- fostering strong and positive home, school and community relationships
- allocating resources effectively and monitoring their use.
The school values…
- Excellence – the pursuit of excellence and personal best
- Responsibility – the capacity to take responsibility for one’s actions and the impact they have on others
- Respect – the ability to demonstrate respect for the rights of one’s self, others and the environment
- Persistence – the need for persistence and effort to achieve one’s best.