Our chaplain, Bec Lee, works on a Monday and Wednesday at Canadian Lead PS. If you have any concerns regarding yourself or your child or would like to make an appointment to see Bec, please contact the school.
Our chaplain is trained to provide pastoral care to children as part of the wider wellbeing program. Our chaplain is employed by ACCESS ministries and works under the National School’s Chaplaincy Program. This means working with children who may be struggling with a range of issues such as grief and loss, school problems, home problems, school refusal and bullying. If a student needs additional support, then options for referral will then be discussed with the caregivers. Group programs are also sometimes done to address specific issues that a range of children may be struggling with.
What does a Chaplain do?
The key tasks of our Chaplain include:
- working closely with, and/or as part of the school wellbeing committee or team to plan for and deliver student resilience and wellbeing services
- providing students, their families and staff with support and or appropriate referrals, in difficult situations such as during times of grief or when students are facing personal or emotional challenges
- developing relationships with, and referring students/parents/carers to specialist services within the school as appropriate or externally under the direction of the School Principal using school referral policies
- delivering wellbeing and support programs
- participating in school activities such as sport, camps, garden club etc.
- coordinating our school’s Breakfast Club Program
- mentoring/coaching/counselling support for students
- providing support and/or appropriate referral in times of grief and other critical events